Minnesota State High School League Decides on Winter Sports
Jennifer Lewerenz | Oct 1, 2020 AT 1:22 pm
(KNSI) - The Minnesota State High School League has approved a maximized winter sports season.
The Board of Directors voted in favor of a 30% reduction in games with a maximum of two per week and allowing three in the last two weeks of the season for COVID-19 related rescheduling.
The MSHSL has also announced a practice schedule for winter sports:
- Dance - November 9th
- Boys hockey, adapted floor hockey, and boys basketball - November 23rd
- Alpine/Nordic skiing, wrestling, boys swimming and diving, and girls hockey - November 30th
- Gymnastics and girls hockey - December 7th
The MSHSL also decided on guidelines for fall postseason events:
- Girls tennis tournaments run from October 5th through the 17th.
- Boys and girls' soccer section tournaments go from October 12th through the 24th and only two games per week.
- Boys and girls cross country sections will take place the week of October 12th
- Girls swimming and diving sections will take place the week of October 19th.
Under current COVID-19 guidelines set by the Minnesota Departments of Health, no spectators are allowed at indoor events in school facilities, with a limit of 250 fans at outdoor facilities.