New Metric Added to State COVID Statistics
Jennifer Lewerenz | Jul 30, 2020 AT 5:49 pm
(KNSI) - The Minnesota Department of Health Thursday added a new metric to its COVID-19 statistics.
Previously, when the situation update was released, the MDH only stated approximately how many tests they conducted. They did not say how many people had been tested.
Today, that number was added to the statistics.
Statewide there have been 1,007,882 approximate tests conducted on 829,817 people.
Other numbers Thursday statewide:
- 53,692 total positive cases (+745)
- 14,791 approximate tests conducted Wednesday
- 1,594 total deaths (+5)
- 1,219 in long term care or assisted living facilities (+3)
- 5,112 total hospitalizations (+35)
- 298 current hospitalizations (-12)
- 141 patients in the ICU (-2)
- 46,965 patients recovering and out of isolation (+329)
- Benton County 294 total cases (+2) and three deaths
- Morrison County 80 cases and one death
- Sherburne County 602 total cases (+7) and six deaths (+1) The additional death does not appear to be a new death in the county as it was not listed on the official count for Thursday
- Stearns County 2,763 total cases (+5) and 20 deaths
- Wright County 759 total cases (+15) and five deaths