New COVID-19 Cases Increase by More Than 800 Thursday
Jennifer Lewerenz | Aug 6, 2020 AT 1:54 pm
The Minnesota Department of Health said Thursday that after more than 15,000 COVID-19 tests, the state saw an increase of 867 cases.
Officials say roughly 1,105,094 (+15,940) tests have been conducted on 899,480 people (+11,857) since the state started gathering data January 20th, 2020.
The state now has a total of 58,640 positive cases (+867) and 1,636 deaths (+7). Three of those newly reported deaths Thursday were in long term care or assisted living facilities. Roughly 76 percent of all COVID-related deaths are in those facilities.
Hospitalizations increased by 48 Thursday for a total of 5,421 total hospitalizations. 319 patients are still in the hospital (+14), with 153 of them (+1) in the ICU.
There are 51,604 patients recovering and out of isolation.
- Benton County - 315 total cases (+2) and three deaths
- Morrison County - 85 total cases (+3) and one death
- Sherburne County - 703 total cases (+36) and seven deaths
- Stearns County - 2,864 total cases (+17) and 20 deaths
- Wright County - 847 total cases (+20) and five deaths