MN DPS to Create Care Packages for Homeless
Myah Christenson | Dec 13, 2019 AT 3:46 pm
(KNSI) - The Minnesota Department of Public Safety is providing care packages throughout the state to help folks experiencing homelessness.
The "Care on the Go" packages include toiletries and clothing items and will be handed out by the state patrol and other staff members when they encounter someone who is homeless.
The public can help by donating the following items to help fill the packages:
· White t-shirts (size large, or extra-large)
· White or black tube socks
· Personal/travel size body wash, deodorant, and shampoo
· Personal/travel-size toothbrush and toothpaste
· Personal/travel size wet wipes
· Packs of 8 oz. (small) bottled water
· Granola or protein bars
· Ziploc baggies (gallon size)
The campaign will go throughout the year, but is specifically targeting the winter season and will accept donations through Tuesday, December 31st.
Drop off locations include the St. Cloud Driver Exam Station at 3333 W Division Street and the MSP District 2600 location at 3725 12th Street North.