Four Central Minnesota Counties Report Increase in COVID-19 Case Count
Jennifer Lewerenz | Jul 5, 2020 AT 4:52 pm
(KNSI) - The Minnesota Department of Health says all but one county in the five-county central Minnesota area saw an increase of COVID-19 cases Sunday.
- Benton County has 215 confirmed cases (+3) and three deaths
- Morrison County saw no changes at 59 confirmed cases and one death
- Sherburne County has 312 confirmed cases (+9) and five deaths
- Stearns County has 2,361 confirmed cases (+49) and 19 deaths
- Wright County has 465 confirmed cases (+12) and five deaths
- 674,015 tests (+28,720)
- 38,136 total positive cases (+519)
- 253 hospitalized (-17)
- 132 in ICU (no change)
- 1,471 deaths (+5)
- 33,408 recovering and out of isolation (+1,061)
The MDH says that in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, they did not update the data on Saturday, July 4. As they resume daily posting, they say the daily update section will include newly reported cases from July 3 and 4, deaths are counted on the day they report them out, which will mean no deaths will be reported for July 4, and hospitalization/ICU data will not be reported for July 4.