Fire at St. Cloud Apartment Ruled an Accident

Fire at St. Cloud Apartment Ruled an Accident Click to Enlarge Photo: KNSI News

(KNSI) - Major damage to a St. Cloud apartment building was avoided Thursday morning, thanks to the building's sprinkler system.

The St. Cloud Fire Department responded to an automatic fire alarm just after 9:00 a.m. at the Wilson Apartments on 3rd Avenue Northeast.

When crews arrived, they say the fire on the 7th floor of an apartment building had been put out by the building's sprinkler system.

The fire was ruled an accident. It was caused by a wooden cutting board lying on top of a stove top burner, which had accidentally been turned on.

No one was hurt.

The damage was estimated at around $3500.

Leave a comment