COVID-19 Related Daily Deaths Remain in the Single Digits
Jennifer Lewerenz | Aug 5, 2020 AT 12:15 pm
(KNSI) - The Minnesota Department of Health says Wednesday's daily COVID-19 death toll once again remains in the single digits.
The MDH says nine people died from coronavirus related complications Wednesday. The last time there was a double-digit increase in the daily COVID-19 related death toll was July 2nd when 13 people died.
Other numbers around the state show total hospitalizations are at 5,373, an increase of 27, but current hospitalizations decreased by 23 Wednesday to 305. ICU bed usage is down by one case to 152.
The state has conducted approximately 1,090,303 (+11,720) tests on 887,623 people (+9,512) with a total reported positive case count of 57,779 (+629).
There are 1,629 total COVID-19 related deaths (+9), and a total of 1,237 (+4) of those deaths are in long term care or assisted living facilities.
There are 51,223 (+797) patients who are recovering and out of isolation.
- Benton County - 313 total cases (+3) and three deaths
- Morrison County - 82 total cases and one death
- Sherburne County - 667 cases (+10) and seven deaths
- Stearns County - 2,847 cases (+5) and 20 deaths
- Wright County - 827 cases (+5) and five deaths