Aug 20, 2014 at 5:23 am
Sports for Wednesday, August 20th
MLB: Indians 7, Twins 5
- Twins scored 5 runs before they had an out last night, then were shutdown
- They had 4 hits in the 1st inning, then had 4 for the rest of the game
- Same two teams back at it again this evening, first pitch is at 7:10pm
- TJ House (1-3) vs. Ricky Nolasco (5-8), Nolasco gave up 5 earned runs in 6 innings in his last start
- The Vikings came to an agreement with former punter Chris Kluwe on his allegations. According to the settlement, the report Kluwe wanted released will stay private. But the Vikings will donate an undisclosed amount of money to five different LGBT charities over five years.
- The NFL is getting bold with their Super Bowl ideas. According to reports the league asked Katy Perry, Coldplay and Rihanna (the 3 acts under consideration to play in this seasons big game) to pay for the honor of performing during halftime. All acts were not happy with the idea. No word on whether or not Weird Al Yankovic would be open to the idea. No word on the dollar figure.
- Johnny Football may have been quick with the bird, but viewers were quick to watch the Browns and Redskins. Nearly 7 million people tuned in, making it the most watched preseason game in over 5 years. Just for comparison sake, the MLB All-Star game had 7.5 million viewers this year.
- A story from way back, Todd Bertuzzi and Steve Moore settled their lawsuit out of court yesterday. Steve Moore sued Bertuzzi and the Vancouver Canucks for 38 million dollars following the 2004 on ice incident that saw Bertuzzi sucker punch Moore from behind and end his career. Terms were not released.
- Tiger Woods announced yesterday that he will take "a month of two" off of golf. Woods has been battling back injuries this season. His best finish this year was 25th.
- St. Johns Head Football Coach Gary Fasching took the challenge yesterday. The Johnnies head coach took the ALS ice bucket challenge following the team's first two-a-day practice of the year.
Temp: 43°F (6°C)
Wind: Calm N