Aug 19, 2014 at 5:08 am
Sports for Tuesday, August 19th
MLB: Royals 6, Twins 4
- Arcia and Plouffe both had home runs for the Twins, but still not enough
- Twins are now 13 games below 500, only Texas and Houston have less wins in the AL
- Twins now start at 3 game series at home against the Cleveland Indians
- Trevor Bauer (4-7) vs. Kyle Gibson (11-9), first pitch is at 7:10pm
- Twins top prospect Byron Buxton is out for the season with his concussion. He is still experiencing headaches and a stiff neck following his collision in the outfield last week. The minor league season is over in two weeks.
- According to reports Jerome Simpson is facing a 3 game suspension for substance abuse. Simpson has a checkered past. He missed his first 3 games as a Vikings in 2012 following a felony drug arrest.
- Nice note from Missouri where the St. Louis Rams gave 225 Ferguson High School football players free tickets to the Rams-Packers game Saturday.
- Jimmy Graham is facing 33k in fines for his two post-touchdown “dunks” over the crossbar in the Saints week two preseason game against the Titans. The NFL put in the “Jimmy Graham rule” that does not allow players to use the goalposts as props in celebrations.
- Johnny Manziel will be a little poorer today as well as cameras caught the rookie QB giving the Redskins bench a one finger salute during last night’s game. Manziel apologized for the finger after the game.
- Ohio State suffered a huge injury yesterday as Quarterback Braxton Miller suffered a shoulder injury during practice yesterday and will miss the upcoming season. Ohio State was ranked #5 in the pre-season poll.
- St. Cloud State was ranked #15 in the coaches pre-season poll that was released yesterday. They will open their season against #7 ranked MSU-Mankato on the road September 4th, a game that can be heard on AM 1450 FM 103.3 KNSI
- Rafael Nadal withdrew from the US Open with a wrist injury. He won the tournament last year.
Temp: 55°F (13°C)
Wind: 5 NE