Aug 15, 2014 at 4:58 am
Sports for Friday, August 15th
MLB: Twins were idle last night
- Royals are in town for a four game series this weekend
- Twins will activate Ricky Nolasco off the disabled list and start him tonight
- First pitch is at 7:10pm from Target Field
- Zach Duffy (7-10) vs. Ricky Nolasco (5-7) is the pitching match-up
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton is okay after his injury scare. According to the Twins he was unconscious for 10 minutes on the field Wednesday night. He suffered a concussion but is expected to play again this season.
- MLB named Rob Manfred as the replacement for Bud Selig for commissioner. He was voted in yesterday. He will take over for Selig in January of 2015 and become the 10th commissioner of the sport.
- Tony Stewart will NOT race in the NASCAR race this weekend in Michigan. It will be his second straight missed race after being involved with the death of Kevin Ward.
- Kevin Ward's funeral was yesterday and was attended by hundreds. No charges have been filed, but the investigation on his death continues.
- St. Cloud State started with practice yesterday. The Huskies will be looking to replace Quarterback Phillip Klaphacke. Huskies kick off their season September 4th on the road against Mankato-State on AM 1450 FM 103.3 KNSI.
- The Johnnies will be hosting their annual luncheon today at 11:30am in Collegeville. It will be followed by practice. Johnnies kick off their season September 6th.
- Classy move by Pacers All-Star Paul George. He will be changing his number from 24 to 13. George then bought all his gear on NBA.com and donated all the gear to his high school. He will miss this season recovering from a broken leg he suffered in a Team USA practice.
Temp: 44°F (7°C)
Wind: Calm N