Aug 12, 2014 at 5:06 am
Sports for Tuesday, August 12th
MLB: Twins 4, Astros 2
- Joe Mauer returned to action last night , went 2-4 with the game winning RBI in the 9th
- Same two teams tonight in Houston, first pitch is at 7:10pm
- Collin McHugh (4-9) vs. Yohan Pino (1-4) is the pitching match-up
- Twins continue to sell off parts as they sent Josh Willingham to the Kansas City Royals in return for a minor league pitcher Jason Adam, who will be sent to Double-A.
- Rap star 'Drake" has the Toronto Raptors in trouble. The rapper was performing a concert in Toronto when he pointed out that Thunder forward and MVP Kevin Durant was there. He then said that Durant should come play there. Drake is a member of the Raptors front office as a "Global Ambassador" which made it tampering. The league fined the Raptors 25k for the violation.
- Former #1 draft pick Greg Oden was charged with felony battery for allegedly punching his ex-girlfriend three times in the face. If convicted he could face 6 years in prison.
- Tony Stewart pulled out of a dirt track race scheduled for this upcoming weekend. As for the NASCAR race on Sunday in Michigan, it is being left up to Stewart on whether or not he will drive. The investigation of the accident that killed Kevin Ward is still under investigation.
- Linval Joseph, who was shot in the leg over the weekend, will not play in the rest of the preseason. But the team expects him to be ready for week one of the regular season.
- The league is selling the Buffalo Bills and have made the first round of cuts of perspective buyers, and 80's rock star Jon Bon Jovi made the cut.
- St. Cloud State starts practice Wednesday. Lindy's College Football preseason poll has the Huskies as the pre-season #2 team in America. Huskies kick off their season September 4th on the road against Mankato State.
Temp: 68°F (20°C)
Wind: 5 S