Aug 7, 2014 at 5:52 am
Sports for Thursday, August 7th
MLB: Padres 5, Twins 4 F/10
- Trevor Plouffe went 2-4 with a HR
- Glen Perkins blew the save in the 9th inning, his 4th blown save of the year
- Twins kick off a West Coast swing tonight against the Oakland A’s
- Jon Lester (11-7) vs. Yohan Pino (1-3), first pitch is at 9:05pm
Northwoods League: Honkers 6, Rox 3 F/11
- Rox will return home tonight to take on the Thunder Bay Border Cats for their final two home games this season, first pitch is at 7:05pm
- First 500 people 21 years and older will receive a Rox Pint glass
- Vikings will host the Oakland Raiders Friday in the first preseason game
- The Vikings are urging people to head to TCF early as it is a new venue and they want to get the traffic and entrance kinks worked out.
- Head Coach Mike Zimmer announced that Matt Cassel will get the start, but Teddy Bridgewater will get some time with the starters.
- The University of Minnesota is working to not allow the usage of the Washington Redskins team name when they come to TCF Bank Stadium later this year.
- There is a petition on change.org with more than 55-hundred signatures to have Weird Al Yankovic play the halftime Super Bowl this season. Ed Ball, the man who started the petition told reporters that he did it while drunk.
- The PGA Championship gets started today and Tiger Woods WILL play. Woods said that the back injury he suffered last weekend is a different injury than the one he needed to have surgically repaired earlier this year.
Temp: 65°F (18°C)
Wind: 5 E