Jul 29, 2014 at 5:09 am
Sports for Tuesday, July 29th
MLB: Twins were idle last night
- Kyle Gibson (8-8) vs. James Shields (9-5), 7:10pm first pitch
- Trade deadline is Thursday and the Twins will be sellers.
- Luigi Militello, a bar owner, found a Red Sox World Series ring that was left behind at his establishment. Militello returned the ring, which belonged to an owner of one of the teams minor league affiliates, who rewarded the Yankee fan with a trip to Fenway for Derek Jeter’s last game in Boston
Northwoods League: Rox 7, Honkers 5
- Rox kick off a 6 game home stand starting tonight, against the Rochester Honkers, 7:05pm
- It is Rox baseball giveaway tonight
NBA: The Timberwolves agreed to a one year deal with point guard Mo Williams yesterday.
- A judge has ruled against Donald Sterling and the sale of the Clippers will proceed.
- The National Basketball Players Association (players union) elected Michele Roberts to led the group, the first woman to head up a major North American sports union. She is a lawyer from Washington DC.
- There is a Timberwolves road show stopping in St. Cloud, August 7th at St. Cloud Apollo high school. 9:30am-11am. Corey Brewer and Ronny Turiaf will be the players.
NFL: First NFL preseason game this Sunday with Bills vs. Giants
- Adrian Peterson will probably not play in the preseason, that was according to some quotes coming from camp yesterday. Not a huge surprise as Peterson hasn't taken a preseason snap since 2011.
- The BigTen media day is rolling along in Chicago today talking about football
- A Johnny Football jersey is expecting to bring in six figures, which would be the most expensive auctioned college jersey ever. The record is believed to be a 27-thousand Paul Hornug (Hor-ning) jersey.
Temp: 63°F (17°C)
Wind: 6 E