Jul 11, 2014 at 5:07 am
Sports for Friday, July 11th
MLB: Twins 4, Mariners 2
- Twins take 3 out of 4 from Seattle
- Yohan Pino picked up his first ever MLB win, allowing 1 run in 5 innings of work
- Kendrys Morales again was the catalyst for the offense with 2 RBI’s
- Twins will still be on the road, taking on the Colorado Rockies, 7:40pm tonight
- Kris Johnson (0-0) vs. Jorge DeLa Rosa (9-6) is the pitching match-up
- Chris Sale and Anothy Rizzo were voted into the All-Star game yesterday, former Twin Justin Morenau was the runner up on the NL side.
- Moreneau was picked to round out the NL's Home Run derby team, which is set for Monday night. Morneau won the derby in 2008.
Northwoods League: Rox 8, Stingers 5
- Rox trailed by 3 heading into the 9th
- That makes 6 wins in their last 7 games, moving them into 2nd place in the North
- Rox are still in Willmar tonight, 7:05pm first pitch
- The Minnesota Wild have announced that Andrew Brunette will join the team as an assistant coach. He was a team advisor for the past two years after retiring from the NHL. He played nearly 500 games with the Wild.
- LeBron James still has not decided. He saw his shadow and will postpone his decision for another 6 weeks.
- Florida State WR Jesus (Hey-Zues) Wilson was arrested for stealing a moped. He has been suspended from the team.
- The NFL did quite well for themselves when it comes to revenue. Each team pocketed just over 187 million apiece, splitting up 6 Billion dollars in revenue, mostly from television rights.
- The "Eighth Wonder of the World" looks like it could be demolished. The Houston Texans have proposed knocking the building down to create an open space to be used for concerts and such.
- The Green Bay Packers announced that Brett Favre will NOT have his jersey retired this year. Favre is up for Hall of Fame induction in 2016.
Temp: 11°F (-12°C)
Wind: 8 NW