Jun 27, 2014 at 5:08 am
Sports for Friday, June 27th
MLB: Angels 6, Twins 4
- Angels finish off a sweep of the Twins
- Joe Mauer went 3-5 with 3 RBI's
- Ricky Nolasco picked up his 6th loss of the season
- Twins @ Rangers, Kevin Correia (4-8) vs. Nick Tepesch (Tep-ish) (2-3), first pitch 7:05pm
Northwoods League: Rox and Honkers rained out
- Rox and Honkers will play two 7 inning double-headers tonight, first pitch at 5:05pm
- The diamond dig that was supposed to take place last night will be moved to a date TBA later
- Minnesota Timberwolves drafted PG Zach LaVine (La-veen). Many experts thought the Wolves reached on the pick as he doesn't have an outstanding skill set.
- In the 2nd round, the Wolves drafted Glen Robinson III (Michigan) Markel Brown (Oklahoma State) and Alessandro Gentile (Italy)
- The Cleveland Cavaliers drafted Andrew Wiggins from Kansas with the #1 pick.
- Kevin Love is still a member of the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Nice moment took place last night, as the NBA drafted Baylor's Isaiah Austin. Austin was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome two weeks ago, ending his basketball career. He was an expected 2nd round pick in this draft.
World Cup: Germany 1, USA 0
- The United States advances after having the tiebreaker with Portugal
- From here on out, there are no ties. Loser is out of the tournament.
- Next game for the Americans, Belgium vs. USA, Tuesday 3pm
- -A record 1.7 million people watched USA vs. Germany online. More than the Super Bowl
- Tiger Woods returned to the course yesterday and shot a 74 (+3), Greg Chalmers leads at 5-under
NHL: Draft kicks off tonight and continues tomorrow night in Philadelphia.
- There are two local kids with a chance of being drafted, Austin Poganski, who played at Cathedral, and Mitch Slattery, who attended Hil-Murray but has agreed to play at SCSU.
High School: The Minnesota High School All-Star game is set for Saturday in Collegeville. St. Cloud State has 6 recruits playing in the game.
Temp: 64°F (18°C)
Wind: 8 N