Jun 26, 2014 at 5:10 am
Sports for Thursday, June 26th
MLB: Angels 6, Twins 2
- Second night in a row that a Twins starter was roughed up early as Pino lasted 3 innings and gave up 5 earned runs
- Joe Mauer was the only Twins starter with more than 1 hit, he went 2-3
- Twins look to avoid the sweep today before heading off to Texas
- Twins and Angels with the series finale today, 2:35pm first pitch. Ricky Nolasco (4-5) vs. Jared Weaver (7-6)
- Tim Lincecum threw a no-hitter against the San Diego Padres yesterday. His 2nd no-hitter against the Padres in the past 12 months.
- Twins sent CF Aaron Hicks to Double-A. He was on the DL and was hitting .198 this season after hitting .192 last year.
- A Native American group is planning to file a 9 Billion dollar lawsiuit against the Cleveland Indians and their Chief Wahoo logo. They arrived at the number based off of 100 of years of racism and exploitation.
Northwoods League: Blue Anchors 6, Rox 5
- Rox kick off a four game home stand tonight, with a game against the Rochester Honkers. First pitch is at 7:05pm
NBA: The NBA Draft is tonight, and the Wolves hold the 13th pick of the draft.
World Cup: USA vs. Germany, 11am
- The United States can advance in a few different scenarios
- USA can advance with:
Win over Germany
Tie with Germany
Loss and a Portugal-Ghana tie
Loss and win the tiebreaker with Portugal/Ghana winner
- Luis Suarez’s bite paid off for some. Before the World Cup kicked off, a European sports book offered the prop bet of Suarez biting someone. 167 different bettors claimed their prize which was offered at 175-to-1 odds. In all, the bite cost the sports book nearly 75-thousand.
Golf: Tiger Woods is back
- Today is the first round of the Quicken Loans National
- Tiger Woods is back on the course after missing 12 weeks with back surgery
- Woods tees off at 7:12am
Temp: 64°F (18°C)
Wind: 6 N