Jun 20, 2014 at 5:13 am
Sports for Friday, June 20th
MLB: Twins 4, White Sox 2
- Game was delayed by nearly 2 hours, but the Twins snap a 5 game losing streak
- Joe Mauer went 2-4 with 2 RBI and Josh Willingham had a HR
- Twins host the White Sox again tonight
- Hector Noesi (no-AY-see)(2-5) vs. Ricky Nolasco (4-5), first pitch is at 7:10pm
Northwoods League: Rox were rained out in Willmar last night
- Rox are on the road, taking on the Carson Park Express, 7:05pm first pitch
- Rox next home game is Tuesday night
NBA: Love on the move?
- According to sources the Wolves are in negotiations with the Golden State Warriors to send Kevin Love, Kevin Martin, JJ Berea and the 13th pick in the draft for Klay Thompson and David Lee.
- Betty McCollum, a democratic representative in the US House from Minnesota, sent a letter to Vikings owner Ziggy Wilf, urging the owner to push the NFL to change the name of the Redskins. She claims that Wilf, along with all other NFL owners, profit from the racist name of Redskins.
- Green Bay Packers Running Back Jonathan Franklin will need to retire because of a neck injury. He was a 4th round draft pick last year
- The Buffalo Bills are officially for sale
- A company auctioned off items from the old Pontiac Silverdome. The two painted Astroturf endzones went for just under 2-thousand dollars each, while single-seats went for $100
- Lucy Li, 11 years old, carded a 78 in her first round of the US Open. She is 11 strokes off the lead of Stacy Lewis.
Soccer: World Cup continues
- United States striker Jozy (Joe-z) Altidore is OUT for Sunday's game against Portugal.
- Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo is still questionable for Sunday's match-up. He has a knee injury
Temp: 61°F (16°C)
Wind: 8 S