Jun 18, 2014 at 5:01 am
Sports for Wednesday, June 18th
MLB: Red Sox 2, Twins 1
- Joe Mauer had his first RBI since May 27th
- Phil Hughes had a complete game but picked up the loss
- Twins have now lost 4 games in a row
- Day baseball as Twins look to avoid the sweep, 12:35pm, Kyle Gibson (6-5) vs. John Lackey (8-4)
Northwoods League: Rox 4, Alexandria Blue Anchors 1
- Rox get back to their winning ways
- Rox are back at home this evening against the Willmar Stingers, first pitch is at 7:05pm
Soccer: World Cup continues
- Team USA Head Coach Jurgen Klinsman said that he is "full of hope" that striker Jozy Altidore can return to action this World Cup. He left the game against Ghana with a hamstring issue.
- TV ratings are in and they are strong. USA-Ghana was the most watched Soccer game in ESPN's history with over 11 million viewers. 4.8 million viewers in the US watched it on Univision, the Spanish channel.
- Team USA takes on Portugal (the world's 4th ranked team) Sunday. Team USA is 13th in FIFA's rankings. According to reports, tickets for the game are going for $500 per.
- Good news for Tiger Woods, according to his agent he took full swings with all clubs for the first time over the weekend. He is still recovering from his back surgery months ago.
- Woods has missed all the majors so far this year
- TV Ratings for last weekend's US Open were down nearly 50% from last year's.
- Wild are set to sign 21-year-old Quebec League Standout Guillaume Gelinas. He was voted the top player in the QMJHL last season, racking up 92 points in 67 games.
- According to sources, San Francisco will be the location for an outdoor classic this upcoming season.
- Matt Cassel got the majority of the snaps at Quarterback during yesterday's practice. Teddy Bridgewater then took over and Christian Ponder got the rest.
- Head Coach Mike Zimmer said that all three Quarterbacks have a shot to be the starter this season.
Temp: 76°F (24°C)
Wind: 9 S