Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
May 29, 2014 at 3:21 am
Sports for Thursday, May 29th
MLB: Rangers 1, Twins 0
- Kyle Gibson went 6 strong innings, 6 hits, 4 strikeouts and 0 earned runs
- Twins struggled at the plate only having 6 hits
- In their last 7 games, they have scored more than 2 runs once.
- Day game today, Nick Martinez (1-1) vs. Samuel Deduno (1-3), 12:10pm first pitch
Northwoods League: Rox 7, Border Cats 4
- Rox have started off the season 2-0
- Rox are still on the road today at the Willmar Stingers at 7:05pm
- Home opener is Friday when they host the Willmar Stingers
NBA: Pacers 93, Heat 90
- Miami leads the series 3-2
- LeBron James had 7 points in the loss
- Paul George had 37 (31 in the 2nd half)
- Western Conference Finals tonight, OKC @ San Antonio, tip off at 8pm (Series tied at 2-2)
NHL: Blackhawks 5, Kings 4 2OT
- Michal Handzus had the game winner for Chicago in the 2nd OT
- Kings lead series 3-2
- Tonight, ECF Canadiens @ Rangers, 7pm (NYR leads series 3-2)
MSC: Boys State Playoffs
6-2A: Cathedral 11, Sauk Centre 1, Cathedral advances to play Oaskis at 7pm at Putz Field tonight
8-3A: Tech @ Bemidji, 6:30pm pregame on 660AM.
- Congrats to Holdingford who edged out Foley 89 to 83.5 for the Section 5A Track Championship. On the girl's side, Annadale topped second place Litchfield 66-64. The state tourney for both girls and boys is June 6th-7th at Hamline in St. Paul
Golf: Tiger Woods will miss the US Open which is set for two weeks from now. Woods had surgery on his back and is still recovering.
NFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Malcom Glazer passed away yesterday at the age of 85. Glazer also owned the English Premier Soccer team Manchester United, which is valued at 2.8 billion dollars in 2013.
- Former New England Patriot Tight End Aaron Hernandez plead not guilty yesterday to two murder charges from 2012. Hernandez is being held without bail for a separate murder charge.
- St. Cloud State will introduce new women's Hockey Head Coach Eric Rud at a press conference at the Herb Brooks National Hockey center today at 5pm. It is open to the public
- The St. Cloud State Men's Hockey team picked up a commitment yesterday from defenseman Nate Widman who had previously played some hockey at Ivy College Brown. He will join the team this fall.
Leave a Comment