Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
May 23, 2014 at 4:49 am
Sports for Friday, May 23rd
MLB: Twins were idle, take on the San Francisco Giants tonight
- The Twins haven't been over .500 this late in the season since 2010
- Over the last 6 starts, the rotation has a 2.43 ERA
- Twins will be looking for the 5th straight win tonight
- Kyle Gibson (4-3) vs. Tim Lincecum (3-3), first pitch is at 9:15pm
- The Dodgers have released Catcher Miguel Olivo. He bit off part of his teammate's ear last weekend.
NBA: No games last night and none this evening
- According to sources the Timberwolves are closing in on hiring Dave Joerger for the Head Coaching position. He is currently the Head Coach of the Memphis Grizzlies, leading the to a 50-32 record. Compensation will have to be worked out among the teams.
NHL: Candiens 3, Rangers 2 OT
- Rangers still lead the series 2-1
- No games this evening in Lord Stanley's playoffs, Western Conference Finals start back up tomorrow
NFL: 50 members of the United States Senate signed a letter to the Washington Redskins urging the team to change their name.
- Bemidji State basketball player Zach Noreen has passed on a opportunity to try out for the San Francisco 49ers. The 6'6 250lbs Noreen would have to forgo his senior year for the chance to tryout. He will return to the Beavers for his senior season.
College Baseball: Big congrats to current St. Cloud State pitcher, and former Apollo Eagle, Reese Gregory who was named to the Division 2 All-American team as a 3rd team member. He has a 1.30 ERA and 58 strikeouts in 55 innings. He will play for the St. Cloud Rox this summer.
MSC: Playoff match-ups for Boy's Baseball will be announced later on today
Leave a Comment