Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
May 22, 2014 at 4:05 am
Sports for Thursday, May 22nd
MLB: Twins 2, Padres 0
- Trevor Plouffe continued his hot streak with an upper deck HR in the 8th inning
- Phil Hughes was the story on the mound, 7 IP, 7 H, 0 BB and 7 K moves to 5-1
- Glen Perkins picked up AL leading 14 save with a perfect 9th
- Twins have the day off today, start a 3 game set against the San Francisco Giants tomorrow.
- Dodgers Minor Leaguer Miguel Olivo has been suspended indefinitely after biting off team mate Alex Guerrero ear. Guerrero had to have plastic surgery and is expected to miss 5 weeks with the injury. According to reports, the players were arguing about a stolen base at 2nd base that Olivio believed his teammate slacked on.
NHL: Kings 6, Blackhawks 2 (series tied 1-1)
- The Blackhawks lead 2-1 after two periods
- Jeff Carter had a hat trick for the Kings
Tonight Eastern Conference Finals Montreal @ New York, Rangers lead series 2-0
NBA: Spurs 112, Thunder 77 (Spurs lead series 2-0)
- Other than Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, the Thunder starters have combined for four made field goals in two games.
- No action in the NBA until Saturday when the Eastern Conference Finals resume
- The Minnesota Timberwolves were granted permission to interview current Memphis Grizzlies Head Coach Dave Joerger for the Head Coaching job here. He led the Grizzlies to a 50-32 season and the 7th spot in the West. Joerger is from Staples, Minnesota and attended Minnesota State-Moorhead.
NFL: According to GC Technology, the company that helps Las Vegas set betting lines, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders are not favored in any game this upcoming season. The Minnesota Vikings are favored in two, against the Jets and Redskins.
MSC: Boys Baseball
Cathedral 5, Foley 0 (the win gives Cathedral the regular season championship in the Granite Ridge Conference) // Apollo 4, Sartell 2 and Apollo 7, Sartell 2 (doubleheader) // Monticello 16, SRR 5 // Browerville 6, St. Johns Prep 5 //
Leave a Comment