Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
May 21, 2014 at 4:26 am
Sports for Wednesday, May 21st
MLB: Twins 5, Padres 3
- Kevin Correia was good 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 K's
- Twins have moved into 2nd place in the AL Central
- Trevor Plouffe had his league leading 18th double
- Twins @ Padres series finale tonight (only a 2 game series)
- Phil Hughes (4-1) vs. Tyson Ross (5-3) is the pitching matchup 9:10pm
NBA: Heat 87, Pacers 83 (Series tied 1-1)
- Dwyane Wade led Heat with 23 points
- Oklahoma City @ San Antonio, 8pm, (Spurs leads series 1-0)
- The Timberwolves were awarded the 13th pick in the 2014 draft. The Cleveland Cavaliers won the lottery for the 3rd time in 4 years. The Cavs had less than 2% chance of winning the top pick.
NHL: All games were idle last night
- Tonight, Kings @ Blackhawks (Chicago leads series 1-0)
- Eastern Conference will have Game 3 tomorrow night with New York looking to take a 3-0 series lead
Metro Sports Commission: Bob Karn won his 700th career game as the Cathedral Crusaders topped Mora 15-0
- Cathedral was rained out on Monday against second place place Foley, a game that has been reschelded for this afternoon. With a win, the Crusaders could clinch a Granite Ridge Conference championship.The game will be at 1:30pm at Joe Faber field.
NFL: The NFL awarded Minneapolis the 2018 Super Bowl. The final two cities were Minneapolis and New Orleans. Until yesterday New Orleans was undefeated (10 for 10) in Super Bowl bids. The new Viking stadium is scheduled to open in 2016.
- Vikings signed first round picks Teddy Bridgewater and Anthony Barr to four year contracts yesterday afternoon.
Leave a Comment