Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
May 20, 2014 at 4:00 am
Sports for Tuesday, May 20th
MLB: Twins were idle last night
- Twins start their West Coast swing with the Padres tonight
- Kevin Correia (1-5) vs. Ian Kennedy (2-5)
- First pitch tonight is at 9:10pm
- Former Phillies pitcher, and current MLB analyst, Mitch Williams has taken a leave of absence from the network. He was accused of swearing at a 10 year-old and ordering his pitcher to bean another player in a little league baseball game he was coaching.
NBA: Spurs 122, Thunder 105
- Spurs take the 1-0 lead in the Western Conference Finals
- Tim Duncan had 27 points in the win
- Tonight, Eastern Conference Finals: Heat @ Pacers, 7:30pm (Pacers lead series 1-0)
- NBA Draft Lottery is tonight. The Wolves have 0.6% chance of scoring the top pick
- According to Yahoo Sports, the Timberwolves are now considering listening to Kevin Love trade offers, although they are saying he will not be traded before the draft.
- The NBA has charged Donald Sterling with "damaging the league" and have set a hearing for June 3rd. If 3/4ths of the owners agree with the charges, he will be forced to sell the team. He is considering suing the league to stop the sale.
NHL: Rangers 3, Canadiens 1 (New York leads series 2-0)
- Henrik Lundquist made 40 saves in the win
- Canadiens Goalie Carey Price will miss the rest of the Eastern Conference Finals with a lower body injury
No games this evening, Western Conference Finals back in action tomorrow night
Horse Racing: California Chrome will be allowed to wear the nasal strip in the Belmont Stakes. He wore it in both wins at the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness
NFL: The Bears signed WR Brandon Marshall to a 3 year, 30 million dollar extension. He signed the contract on the TV show "The View". He then donated 1 million dollars to the Mental Health Community. Marshall was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder in 2011.
- The Miami Dolphins signed former North Dakota State Quarterback Brock Jensen after he attended their rookie mini-camp.
Golf: Tiger Woods spoke yesterday and reported that he is still unsure of when he will return from back surgery. He has not take a full swing yet, he is only chipping and putting. Adam Scott passed Woods yesterday as the world's number one player.
Leave a Comment