Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:26 am
Sports for Tuesday, March 11th
NBA: Wolves host the Bucks tonight, tip-off at 7pm
- Former St. Cloud Tech Tiger Nate Wolters plays for the Bucks. He is averaging 7 points and 3 assists a game
- A Minnesota Lawmaker is in hot water after a tweet: Rep. Pat Garofalo, a fifth-term Republican from the St. Paul suburb of Farmington, tweeted Sunday night: "Let's be honest, 70% of teams in NBA could fold tomorrow + nobody would notice a difference w/ possible exception of increase in streetcrime."
NHL: Oilers @ Wild, puck drops at 7pm
- Wild have 76 points
- Stars Center Rich Peverley collapsed during the 1st period of their game against the Blue Jackets
- The game was called off
- Peverley was doing well after the game and in stable condition
- He missed last Tuesday's game against Columbus with an irregular heartbeat
MLB: Twins @ Rays, first pitch is at 12:05pm
- First round of cuts yesterday included top prospect outfielder Byron Buxton and pitching prospect Alex Meyer
- Home Run King* Barry Bonds is back with the Giants, but as a roving instructor in spring training
NFL: Free agency starts today at 3pm
- Former Rocori Spartan WR Eric Decker is highly sought after, could sign tonight
Oddities: Man vs. Machine, Timo Boll, the 8th ranked ping pong player in the world, will play the fastest robot on earth from KUKA robotics.
- The match will take place today. If the humans lose, SkyNet will become self aware.
Leave a Comment