Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:31 am
Sports for Thursday, March 27th
NBA: Wolves 107, Hawks 83
- Rookie Gorgi Dieng (Jyang) continued his fantastic play as of late with 15 points and 15 rebounds
- Over his last 6 games he is averaging 13 points and 14 rebounds a game over his last six.
- Kevin Love had a double double as well with 14 points and 12 rebounds
- Wolves are off tonight take on the Lakers tomorrow night
NHL: Canucks 5, Wild 2
- Wild outshot Vancouver 31-19 in the loss
- Wild are on the road tonight @ St. Louis at 7pm. The Blues have the most points in the West
MLB: Pirates 2, Twins 1
- Joe Mauer's error in the 8th inning allowed the two unearned runs
- Twins only run came from an Oswaldo Arcia solo homerun
- Twins are at the Red Sox tonight, first pitch at 7pm
- Top Prospect Byron Buxton injured his left wrist diving for a ball on March 16th. The team has called it a sprain and will start him this season on the Disabled List. He will start the season in Double-A. He has been ranked the top prospect in all of baseball for two years.
- Twins open their season Monday night in Chicago
College Basketball: Four Sweet 16 match-ups tonight
6:15 tip off
11. Dayton vs. 10. Stanford
6:47 tip off
6. Baylor vs. 2. Wisconsin
8:45 tip off
4. UCLA vs. 1. Florida
9:17 tip off
4. San Diego State vs. 1. Arizona
The Final Four in the NIT has been set for Tuesday Night in Madison Square Garden
1. Minnesota vs. 1. Florida State
3. Clemson vs. 1. SMU
College Sports: Huge ruling in college sports yesterday as the Chicago regional office of the National Labor Relations Board ruled that the Northwestern football team meet the standards under federal guidelines to form a union.
- In layman's terms this means that football players are ruled as employees of the University.
- As of right now this only applies to private schools like Northwestern and not the public schools.
- This does not mean players are going to be paid right now, but it does lay the ground work.
College Hockey: St. Cloud State was given the 3rd seed in the West Regional. They will take on Notre Dame in the first round, Saturday night. Williams Integracare pregame starts at 7:30pm
- Minnesota was given the #1 seed in the West Region and will take on Robert Morris, which will take place before the Huskies.
- North Dakota got the 4 seed in the Midwest Region and will face top seeded Wisconsin Friday in Cincinnati.
Winner of the two games will face off on Sunday.
NFL: Yesterday afternoon former Minnesota Viking Jared Allen agreed to a four year, 32 million dollar contract with the Chicago Bears. 15.5 million of that is guaranteed.
Leave a Comment