Central Minnesota Sports Round Up
Click to Enlarge
Mar 24, 2014 at 4:59 am
Sports for Monday, March 24th
NBA: Suns 127, Wolves 120
- Wolves blew a 22 point lead in the loss
- Kevin Love had 36 points, 14 rebounds and 9 assists in the loss
- Wolves are at Memphis tonight, tip off at 7pm
NHL: Wild 4, Red Wings 3 OT
- Wild are 7th in the West and are one point behind LA for 6th
- Wild are off tonight, take on Vancouver Wed. night
MLB: Phillies 5, Twins 1
- Phil Hughes gave up 5 earned runs in 5 innings
- Over the weekend Twins named Kyle Gibson as the 5th starter
- The regular season started over the weekend as the Dodgers swept the Diamondbacks in a two game series in Australia.
NASCAR: Kyle Busch won the Auto Club 500
- Granite City Speedway opens up May 4th
College Hockey: St. Cloud State was given the 3rd seed in the West Regional. They will take on Notre Dame in the first round, Saturday night. Williams Integracare pregame starts Saturday night at 7:30pm
- Minnesota was given the #1 seed in the West Region and will take on Robert Morris, which will take place before the Huskies.
- North Dakota got the 4 seed in the Midwest Region and will face top seeded Wisconsin Friday in Cincinnati.
- Dan Terhaar will join SCSU Head Bob Motzko at the Green Mill in downtown St. Cloud for the Bob Motzko Coaches Show tonight on AM 1450 FM 103.3 KNSI at 6pm
College Basketball: St. Cloud State has a press conference this evening at 5pm to announce Matt Reimer (rhymer) as the new coach of the Men's Basketball team. Former Head Coach Kevin Schlagel retired after 40 years with the SCSU basketball program.
Gophers 63, St. Mary's 55
- The win moves the Gophers into the 3rd round of the NIT, they will take on Southern Miss Tuesday night, tip off is at 8pm on ESPN
NCAA Tourney: A few upsets yesterday but we are down to the sweet 16. These games are set for Thursday and Friday
1. Florida vs. 4. UCLA
11. Dayton vs. 10. Stanford
1. Virginia vs. 4. Michigan State
3. Iowa State vs. 7. Connecticut
1. Arizona vs. 4. San Diego State
6. Baylor vs. 2. Wisconsin
8. Kentucky vs. 4. Louisville
11. Tennessee vs. 2. Michigan
NFL: No news with Jared Allen as of last night.
- Roddy White, Wide Receiver for the Atlanta Falcons told a fan on twitter before Duke's loss to Mercer, that if Duke lost he would buy the fan season tickets to the Falcons at the 50 yard line, front row. After the loss, White said he would pay for one game and one game only. He claimed that "gambling is illegal in the NFL".
MSC: Girls State Basketball Championships
Win-E-Mac 61, Minneota 53
New Richland 71, Kenyon-Wanamingo 61
Park Center 73, Marshall 71 OT
Eastview 64, Bloomington Kennedy 61
Leave a Comment