Aug 26, 2014 at 5:02 am
Sports for Tuesday, August 26th
MLB: Twins were idle last night
- Twins will be in Kansas City tonight taking on the 1st place Royals
- Ricky Nolasco (5-9) vs. Danny Duffy (8-11), first pitch at Kauffman Stadium is 7:10pm
- Twins have 32 games left this season, 8 of those against teams with sub-.500 record
- Vikings announced what we all expected, Matt Cassel has been named starting Quarterback by Head Coach Mike Zimmer
- Former St. Cloud State Husky Wideout Fred Williams made the first round of cuts yesterday for the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Richie Incognito, the Miami Dolphin at the center or last season's bullying issues with the Miami Dolphins has been cleared by the league to return to action. He is a free agent and can sign with any team.
- Madden 15, the best-selling football game is released today
- Vikings final preseason game is Thursday against the Tennessee Titans
- The NFL and the Minnesota Vikings announced yesterday that every high school in the Twins Cities will have a trainer on the sideline for games, and it will be paid for by the team. The Bears are the only other team in the league to do this for their city.
- USC Safety and team captain Josh Shaw could miss his team's opening game. He suffered an ankle injury when he jumped off a balcony. He was attending a family party when he saw his 7 year old nephew, who cannot swim, in a pool and in distress with no help nearby. Shaw jumped off the balcony and saved his nephew's life.
- The Golden Gophers start their season Thursday when they host Eastern Illinois
- St. Cloud State will go on the road September 4th to Mankato
- Johnnies start their season at home September 6th when they host Wisconsin-River Falls
High School Sports:
- Football season is days away, the Metro Sports Commission will have Cathedral on 660AM Thursday night. The Tech Tigers will be on KNSI Friday night taking on the Sartell Sabres.
Temp: 78°F (26°C)
Wind: 7 W