News

Toddler sick after biting detergent pod

Toddler sick after biting detergent pod Click to Enlarge Photo:

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:31 pm

FARGO, N.D. (AP) A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who bit into a Tide detergent pod is being treated for poisoning at a North Dakota hospital.

Alexander Rohde from Hitterdal, Minn., turned 1 last week. He was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo over the weekend.

Family members say Alexander thought the pod was a treat. He started throwing up and soon could not breathe. A hospital spokesman said Wednesday that Alexander was in critical condition but improving.

Alex's mother, Michelle Klienschmidt, says Tide should change the look of its pod. Tide said in a statement it's working to educate people on keeping them out of the reach of children.

Mike Tanner

Posted By Mike Tanner

News Director

Mike Tanner's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 38°F (3°C)

Dewpoint: 34

Wind: 15 SE

Weather: light rain, mist

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Community Calendar

Mon December 22, 2014

Calls to Santa...

Wed December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve Service...

Thu December 25, 2014

CHRISTMAS DAY MEAL...

Sat December 27, 2014

Rubys Pantry Ogilvie...

Sat December 27, 2014

Rubys Pantry Ogilvie...