News

Stove caused deadly house fire

Stove caused deadly house fire Click to Enlarge Photo:

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (KNSI) Investigators have closed the books on a deadly fire in St. Cloud last weekend.

St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post says the fire at 520 Eighth Avenue South was caused when two burners on a kitchen stove were left on. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Twenty three year-old Kyle Kopischke died in the fire. Kopischke was originally from Comfrey, Minnesota. Another occupant--22 year-old Kevin Murphy--was able to escape the fire, and was treated and released from St. Cloud Hospital.

Post says a smoke alarm in Kopischke's second-floor bedroom had been taken down from a wall and was found on a shelf with the battery removed.

Alcohol is also believed to have been a contributing factor in the fire.

Mike Tanner

Posted By Mike Tanner

News Director

Mike Tanner's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 37°F (3°C)

Dewpoint: 33

Wind: 8 E

Weather: unknown, mist

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Community Calendar

Mon December 22, 2014

Calls to Santa...

Wed December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve Service...

Thu December 25, 2014

CHRISTMAS DAY MEAL...

Sat December 27, 2014

Rubys Pantry Ogilvie...

Sat December 27, 2014

Rubys Pantry Ogilvie...