Oct 18, 2012 at 6:32 am
ST. PAUL, Minn. (KNSI) St. Paul leaders are putting the design of the St. Paul Saints' new ballpark out for bid.
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota and Republican activist Greg Copeland filed a lawsuit last week, arguing the city awarded a design-build contract to the Ryan Companies in violation of competitive bidding laws.
The lawsuit seeks to prevent the start of construction and force a bidding process.
City officials had previously said the project was exempt from the bidding process. But city officials announced Wednesday a request for proposals will be issued on Nov. 30.
Mayor Chris Coleman said in a statement they did it in the interest of transparency.
The $52 million stadium is expected to open in 2015.
Temp: 26°F (-3°C)
Wind: 4 SE