Jun 29, 2012 at 6:55 am
FERGUS FALLS, MN (AP) - Fergus Falls police say a 62-year-old woman killed in an apartment fire was smoking when her cigarette apparently ignited her oxygen tank.
Police identify the victim as Gayle Dolores Gundberg.
Firefighters were called to the Sunrise Apartments about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Gundberg died in the fire and another person was hurt trying to get back into the building.
Neighbors say Gundberg used a wheelchair and that the injured man is her son.
Several oxygen tanks exploded, shaking the building. KBRF-AM (http://bit.ly/r11BGJ) reports the death has been ruled accidental.
Temp: 58°F (14°C)
Wind: 7 SE