News

Nine treated after CO scare at SCSU

Nine treated after CO scare at SCSU Click to Enlarge Photo:

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:21 pm

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) Elevated carbon monoxide levels at a St. Cloud State sorority house sent nine people to the hospital this week.

The house had to be evacuated until the problem was fixed.

Police and firefighters were called after a doctor at St. Cloud Hospital detected elevated carbon monoxide levels in a tenant who went to the emergency room.

St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post says rescuers went to the house early Wednesday and found potentially dangerous carbon monoxide levels.

Post says the fire department was called to the same house about a week earlier on a report of a gas smell but couldn't find anything.

A clogged vent line in a water heater may have been the source. The house owner replaced the water heater Thursday.

Mike Tanner

Posted By Mike Tanner

News Director

Mike Tanner's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 69°F (21°C)

Dewpoint: 55

Wind: 7 SE

Weather: Clear

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Community Calendar