Feb 6, 2014 at 3:37 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Minn. (AP) — A southern Minnesota school was evacuated after some students became ill.
Police were called to Springfield Public School just after 9:30 a.m. Thursday after a couple of students reportedly fell ill in the school auditorium from a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
The entire school was evacuated. Students and staff were taken to the Springfield Community Center, where students were to be picked up by parents.
Several students reportedly were taken by ambulance to the Mayo Clinic Health Center in Springfield. Their conditions were not known.
The Springfield Fire Department and a crew from CenterPoint Energy were checking the building to make sure all students were out, and to find the source of the leak.
Temp: 69°F (21°C)
Wind: 5 S
Weather: thunderstorm, light rain, mist