May 15, 2013 at 6:45 am
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (AP) A federal indictment accuses a 22-year-old man of making bomb threats at the Mall of America and the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
The indictment issued Tuesday charges Dana William Ashey with two counts of false information and hoaxes.
An affidavit filed in the case says airport police received a threat on April 12 warning that a bomb would go off within the hour.
The same day, authorities say a similar threat was phoned in to Mall of America security stating a bomb had been placed in a restroom.
The court document says later that day, security received a second bomb threat and traced the call to a man inside the mall. That man was later identified as Ashey. No bombs were found in either location.
Temp: 33°F (1°C)
Wind: 12 N