Oct 14, 2013 at 12:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (AP) The future of a 9-year-old boy who slipped through security at the Twin Cities airport and boarded a flight to Las Vegas will be the focus of a court hearing Wednesday.
Minnesota officials have filed a petition in Hennepin County arguing the boy is in need of child protection services. He's also stolen a delivery truck, been suspended from school and has repeatedly run away from home.
The boy gained attention when he got by security at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Oct. 3 and, without a ticket, flew to Las Vegas.
The boy's father said last week that he and the child's mother have tried to get their son help, but officials told him they couldn't intervene because the boy hadn't done anything bad enough.
Temp: 59°F (15°C)
Wind: 4 E