May 14, 2013 at 7:12 am
ST. CLOUD, Minn. (KNSI) Fire gutted a home in St. Cloud Tuesday morning.
The fire at 1742 Second Street North was called in around 6:00 am.
St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post tells KNSI News firefighters found the single-story home engulfed in smoke and flames when they arrived on scene.
An elderly woman was at home at the time of the fire. She was taken by ambulance to St. Cloud Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Post says the fire appears to have started in the kitchen area. He says it's being ruled an accidental cooking fire.
Temp: 16°F (-9°C)
Wind: 4mph S
Wind Chill: 10°F