Apr 30, 2012 at 9:45 am
(KNSI)--A dryer fire in a basement laundry room caused residents of a St. Cloud group home to evacuate last night.
Acting Battalion Chief Glen Koshiol says the fire call at 861 17th Avenue North came in just before 11:00 pm last night.
Koshiol says group home residents and staff had already evacuated the building by the time firefighters arrived.
He says a sprinkler system in the laundry room activated, and that kept the flames confined to that area.
Damage is estimated at $12,000.
Koshiol says two group home residents went to stay with relatives for the night, while the Red Cross lined up temporary housing for two others.
Temp: 29°F (-2°C)
Wind: 7 SW
Weather: light snow, mist