Jan 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm
COLD SPRING, Minn. (KNSI) – A fire caused by a dryer led to a home evacuation in Cold Spring Sunday.
Cold Spring's fire department was sent to 18118 195th St. after Christine Wieneke was unable to extinguish a fire that started in her dryer.
According to reports, Wieneke, 29, attempted to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher, but was unsuccessful.
She then led her children and dogs out of the house and called 911.
Wieneke was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by fire and rescue, and did not go to the hospital. There was only minor damage to the home, primarily to the laundry room.