Jan 21, 2014 at 4:20 pm
LONG PRAIRIE, Minn. (KNSI) - A house in Long Prairie was devastated and a pet dog killed during a Monday afternoon house fire.
Long Prairie police say the owner of the house at 416 Sixth St. NE was not home at the time of the blaze, which was reported just before 4pm.
Officials believe it began in the chimney before spreading to the rest of the house.
No people were injured, but the dog died.
Browerville Fire Department assisted Long Prairie firefighters.
Temp: 68°F (20°C)
Wind: 8 E
Weather: thunderstorm, rain, mist