News

Couple injured trying to save TV from fire

Couple injured trying to save TV from fire Click to Enlarge Photo:

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:25 am

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Two people were taken to the hospital after they tried saving their flat-screen TV as their apartment burned in St. Paul.

Firefighters say the couple's apartment was filled with smoke as they tried to disconnect the TV Sunday at their apartment building. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press firefighters had to tell the couple to leave the TV and exit the apartment.

Zaccard says the two were treated for smoke inhalation at Regions Hospital. Zaccard says the incident serves as a warning that in the event of a fire, leave belongings behind. They can be replaced. Your life can't be.

Jamie Quinn

Posted By Jamie Quinn

News Anchor

Jamie Quinn's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 61°F (16°C)

Dewpoint: 58

Wind: Calm N

Weather: Clear

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Community Calendar