Couple dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

Couple dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Click to Enlarge Photo:

Mar 4, 2014 at 7:19 am

CROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) — A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two of their daughters are being treated.

Polk County sheriff's authorities say 49-year-old Kent Ostgaard and his 51-year-old wife, Natalie, were found dead after a 911 call Monday morning.

Twenty-two-year-old daughter Aryanna Ostgaard was unconscious but still breathing. Chief Sheriff's Deputy Jim Tadman says she is in critical condition at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.

Tadman says a 17-year-old daughter was treated and released from RiverView Health in Crookston.

The Ostgaards also have a middle child who attends the University of Minnesota Duluth.

Natalie Ostgaard was city editor at the Crookston Daily Times from 2002 to 2001

Posted By

's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 31°F (-1°C)

Dewpoint: 28

Wind: 12 N

Weather: Cloudy

Full Forecast | Live Radar