Dec 28, 2012 at 5:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. (KNSI) Investigators say unattended candles caused a Minneapolis condo building fire that sent one person to the hospital.
The Minneapolis Fire Department says the candles were in a first-floor condo. The cause of the three-alarm fire in the Uptown neighborhood was ruled accidental.
The eight-unit, three-story building caught fire about 8:10 a.m. Friday and caused traffic problems during rush hour in the busy commercial and residential district.
Minneapolis Fire Marshal Perry Ebner says one person was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation. A hospital spokeswoman says the 70-year-old resident was in satisfactory condition at HCMC.
Ben Garber moved into the building about a month ago. The 32-year-old says the fire happened quickly and he didn't have much time to get out.
The building is being demolished.