News

Chimney fire damages home

Chimney fire damages home Click to Enlarge Photo:

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:39 am

ST. JOSEPH, Minn. (KNSI) Fire departments from Avon and St. Joseph were called out to a residential fire on Island Lake Road in Collegevile Township Monday night.

The fire call came in just before 8:30 pm.

The homeowner--56 year-old Joseph Opitz--said the fire started in the chimney on the southeast side of the home.

There were no injuries. No word from the Stearns County Sheriff's Office on the extent of damage.

Mike Tanner

Posted By Mike Tanner

News Director

Mike Tanner's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 53°F (12°C)

Dewpoint: 50

Wind: 7 SE

Weather: light rain

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Community Calendar