News

Boy charged in second school gun incident

Boy charged in second school gun incident Click to Enlarge Photo:

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:22 am

WINONA, Minn. (AP) Police say a 15-year-old boy accused of bringing a loaded gun to high school in Winona could face charges in a second similar incident at a football game.

Deputy Police Chief Tom Williams says the boy is accused of pointing a gun on a female student outside Paul Giel (GEEL) Field on Sept. 20. Williams says the girl's father reported the incident last week.

The  boy is also accused of bringing a handgun to school for several weeks and, on one occasion, pointing it at the head of another student near the bike racks. The boy remains in a secure detention facility.

Superintendent Scott Hannon has scheduled a meeting with parents at the high school Thursday evening.

Mike Tanner

Posted By Mike Tanner

News Director

Mike Tanner's Profile

Leave a Comment

Current Weather

For Central Minnesota

Temp: 39°F (4°C)

Dewpoint: 21

Wind: 4mph N

Wind Chill: 37°F

Weather: Clear

Full Forecast | Live Radar

Community Calendar