Dec 4, 2013 at 11:12 am
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis is bracing parish priests and leaders for its upcoming disclosure of a list of clergy who have been credibly accused of sexually abusing minors.
In an email sent to priests Wednesday and obtained by The Associated Press, the archdiocese says 92 parishes have had at least one priest on the list assigned to them at some point.
Those parishes were notified in an email last week that they would be affected.
The archdiocese plans to disclose its list Thursday. It says most of the allegations that led to priests being on the list relate to reported incidents occurring from the mid-1950s to the 1980s. All were permanently removed from ministry or are deceased.
Temp: 43°F (6°C)
Wind: 5 E