Mar 14, 2014 at 8:53 am
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A veterans' home in Minneapolis has put new admissions on hold after a norovirus outbreak that may have been a factor in the deaths of four residents.
The Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs spokeswoman Anna Lewicki Long says so far the virus hasn't been positively linked to the deaths at Minneapolis Veterans Home since March 7. She says they all had other complications. But she says about 20 employees have called in with some sort of stomach virus.
She says they're waiting for results from the Minnesota Department of Health to confirm the illness. She says the norovirus is an issue in the wider community, as happens annually.
Norovirus is highly contagious and can be picked up from an infected person, contaminated food or water or by touching contaminated surfaces.
Temp: 78°F (26°C)
Wind: 14 SE