Ziegler Cat - Technician (2nd shift)
Ziegler CAT has an opening for a full-time, experienced Technician to work on Caterpillar heavy construction equipment. We are looking for a dedicated employee with excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to help deliver top notch service as a mechanic to our rapidly growing customer base.
- Diagnose and repair Caterpillar equipment including compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy construction equipment
- Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed
- Maintains a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures
- Follows standard operating procedures
- Cleans and organizes equipment
- Attends formal training
- Assists to prepare new equipment for rent or sale
- Provides assistance to all other levels of technicians as needed in regard to troubleshooting repairs
- Performs other duties as assigned/required
- Maintains paperwork documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis
- Documents labor, addition of segments, assuring that work order can be closed and billed as communicated with the customer
- Positively interacts with manager and team members to satisfy customer needs
- Communicates effectively with customers, both internal and external
- 2-year technical degree or high school diploma/GED and several years of comparable shop mechanic experience
- 2+ years of relevant diesel equipment repair experience preferred
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, transmissions, undercarriage, track systems, components, electrical, and fuel systems;
- Experience working on Caterpillar equipment a plus but not required
- Personal attributes: attention to detail, efficiency, problem solving, planning and organization, team player
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Own mechanic tool set
- Ability to maintain safe and clean work environment
• Push/pull up to 80 lbs
• Lift/carry up to 80 lbs
• Lift bulky objects
• Standing, walking, using hands, talking, hearing, neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, ladder climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, supine overhead reaching, crawling, bin lift, high steps, fingering/grasping – able to use bolt box.
• Working Conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.